Monday, September 2, 2013

Beauty - CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara




I'm not much for drugstore mascara. Not because I'm snobby about it (I'd much rather pay $8 than $25 for eye shadow), but because I've had such poor experiences with drugstore makeup in the past. There are exceptions to this rule. I'll always trust a friend's reccomendation, and I swear by Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Enhancer, which boasts sheer, moisturizing color with the added benefits of SPF 20 and retinol all while remaining oil-free. It's been my favorite foundation for a year now, beating out several other more pricey options that I've sampled. It's lightweight, it goes on easily even when you only have your fingertips for an applicator and it blends effortlessly leaving my skin looking luminous.


When I decided to pick up CoverGirl's Clump Crusher Extensions mascara I was skeptical, but I only wanted a cheap mascara that I could leave in my emergency, work make-up bag for those mornings when I just don't have enough time to bother with my face. Okay, okay... this is almost every morning for me. I only do my makeup at home if I'm going somewhere totally luxe after work, and that doesn't happen very often. So yes, I'm that wan, NYC face you see on the subways at 8AM. Judge not.
 
 
I was in for a treat with this mascara, which does exactly what it promises. I even found it comparable to a mutual favorite of Pie's and mine, Benefit's They're Real! mascara. The CoverGirl Clump Crusher line comes in three options: original, extensions and waterproof. Not foreseeing many watery days in my office I opted for extensions, and I am very happy with the result. You have to apply a couple of coats to see the "extension" effect, and layering is a breeze because the mascara, as promised, just doesn't clump. At $7 a pop, this is a real steal.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment