Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Trends We're Watching - Elaborate Headdresses


To call these accessories "headbands" would almost be to insult them. Headbands have been on trend for many seasons (thank you, Gossip Girl, I never watched you but I am in your debt), and I'm one of those devotees who will perpetuate the look far after it's heyday has passed. Headdresses are a godsend for my curly, ofttimes unruly tresses. A quick morning fix for me usually involves a headband and a couple of quick braids, or a dainty low ponytail, and in a flash I'm out the door and feeling great.

The newest incarnation of my favorite look is edgier, bigger and bolder than before. Multiple trends are being incorporated- studs, velvet, feathers and punked out leather. Some of the them I love (Eugenia Kim's Grae Crown below just positively sings to me), others I simply wouldn't know what to do with (I'm looking at you, BCBG Winged Headband. Am I to dress up as Mercury for Halloween?). You may love some and you may hate some, but I think these day the biggest challenge would be hating them all. There's a headdress out there for everyone, and you don't really have to look that hard to find them anymore.


 
 
 
 
Eugenia Kim
 

No comments:

Post a Comment