Friday, September 27, 2013

The Look of the Emmys



 
 
I'm not a big awards show lady.  The best part for me when I used to have cable was watching the red carpet pre-show to scope out all of the glittery outfits.
 
Compared to the Oscars, the Emmys this fall were pretty subdued.  Actresses for the most part kept it simple in figure flattering, unembellished frocks, with pinks and whites dominating.
 
A few standouts?  Claire Danes flapper look sings to me (of course), and my insides still ache with lust for Laura Dern's backless confection.
 
With award show season rearing it's glamorous head, I'm hopeful my favorites will forgo simplicity in favor of some outrageous, dazzling risk taking.
 
1. Claire Danes, Atelier Versace; 2. Linda Cardellini, Donna Karan Atelier;
3. Laura Dern, Naeem Khan; 4. January Jones, Givenchy.

Huffington Post


No comments:

Post a Comment