Monday, August 19, 2013

Life in Photos - Fête Paradiso


A short ferry ride from downtown Manhattan, Governor's Island waits with the promise of river breezes, a car-free environment, and endless activities. When the husband and I decided to go and enjoy Fete Paradiso, we were also lucky enough to also catch Rite of Summer's tribute to Stravinsky's Rite of Spring, a Civil War cannon firing reenactment, Figment's installation and Terreform One's waterfront imaginings.

Fete Paradiso was the main attraction, though. Vintage carousels from France accompanied by the live serenading of a french singer? With a beer and food garden in the middle of the beautiful, old rides? I was smitten with the idea from the beginning, and the experience more than lived up to my expectations. Tickets are $3 and can be used on rides or games (throwing a ball into the mechanical mouth of a vintage head proved difficult for both of us). Fresh, made to order cotton candy may have been the highlight for me. I had just been lamenting how long it had been since I'd had good cotton candy the week before, and this seemed like providence. 













No comments:

Post a Comment