Friday, March 1, 2013

Life in Photos - A Night at the Ballet


The husband and I went for a magical night at the ballet recently, taking in the sensory delights of  "The Sleeping Beauty," accompanied by Tchaikovsky with a pinch of choreography by Balanchine. The Disney version of Sleeping Beauty is my favorite childhood film, thus I am joyfully familiar with the score of this ballet. A sudden burst of vigor from the orchestra sent me turning to my partner with a starry-eyed expression of glee. I'm no expert on ballet technique or classical ensembles, but this evening was one of my favorites so far this year.


  

I was also very excited to see the art installment "Les Ballets de Faile," by Brooklyn art duo FAILE. The installation will be on view for theater-goers until May 29th.






1 comment:

  1. So jealous, that place was like a second home to me growing up. Thanks to my father's CWA union card that got us in for cheap! I love SB and always appreciated Disney's inclusion of the original score.

    ReplyDelete