Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Covets - Designs by Alicia P.




  



Working each weekend at the Real Designer Market, I've been exposed to the craftsmanship of so many talented artisans, and have seen so many truly different design styles that I never even knew existed.  One of my favorites is Alicia Piller, the maven behind Designs by Alicia P.  Stationed one week across from me, I couldn't stop staring at her intricate, mixed-media bib necklaces, bold statement rings, and suede stud earrings.

Alicia's pieces combine a variety of materials, producing uncanny results - suede, leather, beads, metal, found objects, scraps, coins, photos - absolutely nothing is wasted.  Informing her jewelry creation is her background in fine arts; skimming through her portfolio, I was struck by how detail oriented her paintings are, and how they all incorporate themes from nature.  Her work is so organic, providing a bridge between us and the wonders of the world in which we live.

Alicia is going to be at b5 line nyc's SPRING has Sprung Trunk Show - come for a spell and get drawn in to her absolute passion for this crazy, beautiful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment