Thursday, April 11, 2013

Saturday by Kate Spade



 
 
My work uniform these days consists of a pair of black skinnies, the perfect flowy, white tee, grey knee high boots and piles of jewelry; the older I get, I just seem to gravitate more towards simpler, relaxed-fit outfits.  I've always loved the clean lines of Kate Spade New York, but was never quite able to bring myself to splurge (although last spring's studded closure crossbody bags were ridiculously tempting). 
 
Spade's new Saturday line was made with a woman like me in mind; comfortable, yet chic.  Easy and classic, but with a youthful, flirty twist.  The line sticks to a color pallete of ocean blue, raspberry, lemon, cherry tomato, coral, black and white, with zany surprises like their zig-zag pattern.  Everything, as a result, is ready to mix and match - try on a black and white striped tee with a sunny, yellow pair of shorts. It all works!  And, with materials like cotton and canvas, you're sure to feel as good as you look.
 
My favorite piece?  The shape-shifter dress - a sheath with side cutouts, the piece was designed to fully cover a bra.
 
Functional clothes that are somehow still gorgeous?  And you thought you couldn't have it all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment