Friday, November 30, 2012

Life in Photos - Thanksgiving in Virginia



 



 

 
   

My husband and I spent our Thanksgiving vacationing at the home of my father-in-law in Meadows of Dan, Virginia.  Days passed in a blur of laughter, long talks and exploration; after successfully cooking my first Thanksgiving meal, the remainder of our holiday found us in the stacks of local used book shops, scouring antique markets, refueling at neighborhood coffee houses...and, of course, gorging ourselves on treats at a nearby candy factory.


The thrift shops contained countless finds; I scored a vintage pearl brooch I will turn into a pendant for $16.00, and a burnished gold ornament I couldn't resist, as my cherished grams collects elephants.  Other noteworthy gems?  A cashmere winter coat with a pearl button clasp for $40.00, and gold + black sequined heels for $9.00.

With our travels now behind us, we look back on our lovely stay with our hearts content and our spirits expectant to return to the merriment that Christmas in Virginia will surely bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment