Saturday, November 10, 2012

Two Years & an Election Day




  


Two years ago last Tuesday I gave my heart to the love of my life, and our days just seem to be getting brighter. I can't but smile when I think back to that magical day in Mexico's heartland at the Hacienda Las Trancas when we tied the knot. The real secret is we had already become one long before that day. We were just making what we knew in our hearts public for our very best friends and beloved family.


 This year our anniversary fell on the presidential election day. At first I was a little sad that our night would have to be shared with voting, but as I thought about it the idea became more exciting. Indeed it did turn out to be a whimsical evening. We voted, we laughed, we made cocktails and we went to our local beer garden where we drank and ate and watched the television intently with our neighbors.




Long live love and democracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment