Friday, February 8, 2013

Flotique by Florence Welch



 


I've had some Florence + The Machine moments over the last few years.  Although not an everyday music staple anymore, I've remained a follower of Florence Welch's uncommonly creative style.  Welch recently debuted her new jewelry collection online, and I was excited to see what she could hatch up.

Flotique is a small collection of mixed metal pieces priced at under $100.00.  Using simple lines and geometric accents, I really wanted to like her designs.  And I do, to some extent.  I'm mad for the idea of rose gold paired with gunmetal, and the bird cage ring does appeal somewhat to my quixotic nature.  But I guess I thought they would be...well, a little more special?  They seem more suited to the sales rack at Urban Outfitters, not the decadent, ornate treasures I had hoped for.  Here's hoping round II will be an amazing, baroque dream! 

No comments:

Post a Comment