Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Beauty - Make Up For Ever Aqua Rouge



On a recent lady day adventure, Fortune and I had one store on our minds as we set out - Sephora.  You see, we've seemingly run the gamut of all-day lip stains.  While I've been partial to a drugstore hot pink and Fortune has been sticking to Stila's All-Day Liquid Lipstick, both of us craved more.  My old standby is cute and affordable, but hardly sophisticated for those special nights out.  And Fortune's fave, although gorgeously pigmented, can be a bit drying.  But where to begin?

Instead of floundering in the store by ourselves, we decided to ask a pro for help.  And her suggestion seemed right on the money - she offered up Stila's All-Day Liquid Lipstick, which she acknowledged can feel less-than-dewy, or Make Up For Ever's Aqua Rouge.

Always eager to try a new product, Fortune and I quickly snatched up the store's handy, hygienic applicators and started playing with colors.

The waterproof formula comes in 12 shades that correspond to their line of lipsticks.  I immediately picked up an iconic red, as I almost always wear a bright lip.  While it looked great, I felt somewhat generic in it - I sought some variety, and wondered aloud what other hues would pop against my fair skin.  Makeup pro to the rescue again!  She quickly handed me No. 19, Pomegranate Pink.  It wasn't my typical pink; more cranberry-colored, it straddled the line perfectly between crimson and rose.

Fortune, always the makeup maven, instantly selected No. 14 Rosewood.  A warm nude pink, she looked chic - fresh and work appropriate.

A few days later, we are both beyond pleased with our purchases.  The rich colors last for ages, and if in need of hydration, the small lip gloss provides immediate shine.  Fortune is already trying to figure out a second stain, one more intense for after-hours and weekends.  And I, of course, am wondering now that I've stepped a little out of my norm what other colors would work for me. 

I guess that just means we'll have to go shopping again...

No comments:

Post a Comment