Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What We're Buying - Lacy Dresses




Lace has been a summer staple for countless seasons, a classic look that Fortune and I had yet to embrace.  I think we felt lace had to be expensive, that no truly pretty looks were available at a price that wouldn't hurt our purses.

This year, however, we both fell in love with our very own affordable frocks; both, of course, lacy, but each unique to our sense of style.

Fortune had to have Forever 21's Essential Eyelet Shift Dress, quickly grabbed off the rack during a lady day excursion.  Available in both navy and ivory, Fortune went icy white for these hot months, but is debating also purchasing the navy to wear with grey tights and a sweater as the weather cools.

I, on the other hand, selected Free People's Beautiful Dreamer Lace Dress during a heavily discounted Ideeli flash sale.  I wasn't sure about it since I never thought I could wear a drop waist in the past, but the 25+ pounds both Fortune and I separately lost this past year helped me to rock it with confidence. 

There are so many great pieces to choose from, and our finds prove you don't have to go high-end for rich looking lace .  Whatever your budget, now is the time to strike those sales to get a look of your very own that will never go out of style!

No comments:

Post a Comment