Monday, July 1, 2013

Red, White and Blue all Over


I'm not usually a fan of dressing to match a holiday. I detest the splotches of orange and black that coat the sidewalks around halloween. Red and green plaid sweaters at Christmas make me queasy (although I do love an ugly sweater party). I do make notable exceptions, though: green for St. Patrick's Day is a must, although I make every effort to keep it classy and a little different. I've been known to stray from kelly green, and I am usually more than adequately harrassed for it.

July 4th is another one of those exceptions. I have a strapless white dress with a wide red sash and navy and red abstract polka dots, and I just adore wearing it on the holiday that celebrates our nation's birth. Here are some equally covetable looks that would be fun to sport for the fourth. Why not deck yourself out in navy and red? I love this color combo in general and a little festivity, when done right, can be classy.


       


Shirley Sweater Dress, Shop Ruche; Eudora Dress, Eva Franco;
Sarita Dress, Anthropologie; Cooper Dress, Club Monaco.


No comments:

Post a Comment