Friday, July 5, 2013

Life in Photos - A Day at the Beach



Last weekend the husband and I took a ride out to Jones Beach, the beach that was my family's go-to destination on hot summer days. I used to spend hours in the water at this beach: plunging into waves, riding them to the beach and bobbing out in the deeper water. Unfortunately the water was too cold to brave while we were there, but we had almost as much fun walking up and down the beach (and fleeing from the frigid surf as it rolled in on the shore).

We stopped at Thomas' on our way to the beach, which has to be my favorite diner, and was another one of the places my family used to frequent. I used to favor a tuna melt and a root beer whenever we went, but now I'm all about their eggs and perfect home fries, especially since they're served in a skillet!





Our day confirmed two things for me: I still adore the beach and I'm committed to going more often this summer (preferably when it will be warm enough to really enjoy the water).

No comments:

Post a Comment