Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Covets - Molly Rose Post Jewelry


 



I first encountered the amazing world of Molly Rose Post Jewelry at Metalliferous; Molly was wearing rows and rows of beautiful bangles that instantly caught my eye.  Soon after, she participated in a trunk show at the studio where I'm apprenticing, and made me an acolyte ever since. 
 
A lifelong designer and metalsmith, I'm fascinated by her cultivated approach to adornment; she advocates wearing a stack of bracelets on each arm, a ring on each finger, her style self-described as "excessive".  As a forever gaudy girl, I always love it when the rulebook is thrown out and people choose what makes them smile, not what's 'of the moment'.
 
I, of course, had to acquire her blinged out Princess Ring, reminiscent of one of my favorite board games as a child.  I actually shouldn't even mention how many pieces of hers I've been wearing lately, but I'm drawn to them all - they're sculptural at times, over-the-top at others, and always wildly imaginative.
 
Molly is a joy as a person, and her loveliness simply shines through in everything she creates.  Do yourself a favor, and pick up a little piece of happiness.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment