Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Favorite Places - Goorin Bros.



I've never been a hat person.  Visions of a newly purchased cap flying away at the slightest sign of wind always seemed to stay my hand.  But on a recent gorgeous spring day, I finally found it - the chapeau of my dreams.
 
Goorin Bros. is a quaint little shop in the heart of New York City's West Village.  Walking in, you're instantly transported to the early 1900's; old-fashioned cameras, magnifying glasses and other antiquities sit amongst a seemingly never-ending assortment of hats.  Gilded mirrors rest on brick walls, instruments abound, and you'll always find richly a colored feather enticing you from a hidden nook.

The boutique offers it all.  Looking for a bowler?  They have a multitude.  Inspired by Sarah Jessica Parker to try a fascinator?  They've got you covered.

What amazed me even more than the variety of their products was the perfect fit of each hat.  Snug on my head without feeling tight or uncomfortable, I knew they'd stay firmly in place in any kind of inclement weather.


While I went with a classic straw fedora (replete with brown feather), I can't wait to try a nice wool version for the fall, or perhaps even a cloche.

Whatever your pleasure, Goorin Bros. quite literally has you covered!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment